- Trail running: Mellau and the Hotel Bären are located directly at the entrance to Vorarlberg's largest nature reserve: Mellental-Hoher Freschen. Fantastic paths await here - we are happy to give tips. The Traillauf Bizau starts every early summer on 3 different routes.
- Running: routes of various lengths along the Bregenzerache or into the Mellental. The Wälderlauf in Bezau attracts many running enthusiasts to the Bregenzerwald every summer.
- Bathing / swimming: Freischwimmbad Mellau swimming pool and for the purists there are pools in Mellenbach and Bregenzerache.
- Golf: Driving range and putting greens in Mellau, 18-hole golf course in Riefensberg Sulzberg
- Climbing: Via ferratas in Mellau, Schnepfau, Warth / climbing gardens (e.g. Schwarzenberg), high ropes courses (e.g. Schwarzenberg), also children's climbing in Mellau
- Outdoor: canyoning, rafting, cave tours (e.g. with mountain guide Dietrich or the Aktivzentrum Bregenzerwald)
- Paragliding: also Tandem in Bezau and on the Diedamskopf
- Fresh fish: fishing in the Bregenzerache, streams, lakes; also beautiful areas for fly fishing Fliegenfischen
- Tennis: tennis courts / indoor tennis center in Bezau
- Archery: 3D-Parcours in Andelsbuch
- and much more.
Be outsideTrailrunning, Golf, Swimming, Canyoning,...
In the Bregenzerwald we experience a summer away from the hustle and bustle. In addition to the impressive landscape, the region also offers a lot for the adventurous. The Hotel Bären is the perfect basecamp to experience the Austrian Alps. At the village square of Mellau, the Hotel is centrally located in the Bregenzerwald in Vorarlberg - relaxed and free in the middle of the mountains.